STAR CITIZEN NEWS
Welcome to Star Citizen news! Here you can find the most important information from around the Verse in a nutshell.
Last update: July 8th 2019
Patch 3.6 is now on PTU!
Star Citizen patch 3.6 is now available for the first Wave of testers. This means that Evocati, Concierge and Subscribers can test the newest features implemented in this quaterly release.
The biggest improvements can be seen in:
- LOD's - with this patch players can see further and load objects from much larger distances, it helps greatly with immersion
- New Truck Stop Exteriors - Truck stops are now huge, seriously.
- FOIP - controlling your character head with your own head movements is now smooth and responsive.
- Shield tech - old shield effects are no more, we now have beautiful, next-gen vfx worth getting damaged for ;)
- Vanguard Warden updates - this beautiful heavy fighter got an update! See the pictures below for the better understanding.
- P-72 Archimedes and P-52 Merlin - those two snub fighters are now both in game, p-72 racer is completely new while p-52 has been refreshed with some great improvements!
- Valkyrie Cargo space - Valkyrie pilots rejoice! This might dropship/gunship has now received 30 SCU of cargo space that you can use to carry your favourite dru.. medical supplies with ease!
- Hover mode - now your ship is no longer magical being defying gravity with ease!
- Grass is back - yes, some of you might not be aware but since patch 3.4 we had issue with dissapearing grass, now it's back and it looks amazing!
New Truck Stop Exteriors
As noted above there are new truck stop exteriors added to the game. The scale of those things is hard to describe. For now the interiors are still the same but we won't have to wait much longer as CIG is already working on the patch 3.7 in which those will be changed. Watch video below to see them in game. We highly encourage you to see them for yourself as soon as you have access to the patch 3.6!
Vanguard Warden rework
Due to the hype that was created by an early concept model and animations shown to the Citizens, Vanguard has been either hated or loved by the community. The original materials shown Vanguard as this sleek highly animated spaceship with retractable turret, beautiful glowing intakes as well as plenty of details all around it's hull. Most of the community fell in love with this amazing design and spend quite a lot of cash in order to get it.
Sadly the final model was only a shadow of the original design. The model was simplified and as many called it "fat". Most of the animations were also gone including retractable turret or missile racks hidden inside of the hull. Additionally the front weaponry of Vanguard was not customizable which caused a lot of players to melt it in order to get something closer to their expectations.
Luckily CIG has listened to Vanguard owners and have reworked both exterior and interior of the ship to match the original concept as much as possible! You can see the updated model below. Let us know on our Discord what do you think about the changes!
The hover mode is finally here and it works great. This mode prevents ships from acting like a mobile turret as you cannot simply hover in one place while in atmosphere. Now, when your speed is below certain treshold you are going into hover mode that is shown by VTOL thrusters on certain ships kicking in. In that mode you have to keep your ship leveled or you will start "sliding".
If you want to find our more, check our RSI ISC video about hover model:
Archimedes and Merlin
P-72 Archimedes has finally been added to the game. Unlike it's brother Merlin, Archimedes is racing snub with beauiful leather interior and additional power instead of minigun that comes standard with Merlin. Merlin on the other hand got a new cockpit, better lighting and much cooler materials to match the high quality of other ships. You can find our more about both ships in this video:
890 Jump updates
This week we've learned that 890 Jump is now 210m long! This means that the internal hangar of 890 Jump will easily fit 300 series ships with room to spare! You can see scale comparison below (hangar doors vs 350R model):